Opskrifter:
Forumtråde:
Profiler:

Al Gore gone vegan?

Diverse

Jeff
Forum-indlæg: 1943
Område: Sjælland
Denne bruger har i år '14 doneret penge til at holde Vegetarkontakt.dk kørende.
Dato: 30/11 2013 14:50

Al Gore gone vegan?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/11/26/al-gore-embraces-an-inconvenient-diet/

Etc., etc...
Marcus
Forum-indlæg: 3075
Opskrifter: 2
Område: KBH
Administrator
Dato: 30/11 2013 15:16

http://my-face-is-on-fire.blogspot.dk/2013/11/so-al-gore-has-gone-something.html
Jeff
Forum-indlæg: 1943
Område: Sjælland
Denne bruger har i år '14 doneret penge til at holde Vegetarkontakt.dk kørende.
Dato: 30/11 2013 16:08 | Indlæg redigeret den: 30/11 2013 16:10

I must say, I don't like the blogger's divisive and dismissive, nearly "why-not-just-put-up-with-rampant-slaughter-of-animals-because-non-pure-pseudo-vegans-are-ruining-our-terminology-and-it-would-be-better-if-they-went-back-to-eating-steak-since-their-shoes-are-still-leather?" attitude.

It goes too far, and, in my opinion, it is a tad self-indulgent. I'm pretty sure that if I really wanted to and knew this blogger as a person, I could demonstrate how they fail against the original definition of the term too, as I have done previously on any number of occasions here.

Sometimes I just don't really get the agenda here - it may seem harsh to say, but I doubt the sincerity of people's intentions when they find it necessary to greet every apparently better set of real circumstances (ceteris paribus, less animals will be killed or suffer through meat reductions in diets) with holier-than-thou ideological vitriol.

Earthling 2
Forum-indlæg: 633
Område: Andet
Dato: 30/11 2013 17:12 | Indlæg redigeret den: 30/11 2013 17:13

Interestingly, when I saw, "An Inconvenient Truth", I had this to say in a blog I posted on Myspace (those were the days!)

I saw Al Gore´s "An Inconvenient Truth" last night. I am not going to argue about his claims. He may not be entirely accurate in his message, but I think anyone can see that something is seriously wrong and that we all need to change our lifestyles - for our own sakes, the sake of our planet, the sake of animals.

One thing strikes me forcefully. In the credits at the end of the film, we are given a list of things we can all do to help - with ONE GLARING OMISSION. He could have highlighted the cost of eating meat for the planet and suggested that people become vegetarian!!! It is one of the easiest and most effective ways to help our planet: animals, the environment, the poor, ourselves ... - 6 Dec, 2007)

In which case, the news that he is adopting a vegan diet (however "imperfectly") is good news. !ja

I don´t like the "holier than thou" attitude of the blog Marcus posted either... Give credit where credit is due.